Hello People of the Fog,
Dead by Daylight Mobile welcomes two new characters to its Realms this month: The Twins and Elodie Rakoto! Take the characters for a whirl in Custom Matches before hopping into a public match.
By the way, we’re glad you’re enjoying Custom Matches – it’s rewarding to see one of our most requested features finally in the community’s hands.
Beyond the Binding of Kin characters, this month’s update included: an update to struggle mechanics, an assortment of balance changes, and new cosmetics.
- A Binding of Kin Chapter
- Struggle Update
- Balance Changes
- SAW Customizations
- Promo Codes
A Binding of Kin
A pair of conjoined twins from 17th century France, Charlotte and Victor Deshayes formed an emotional bond like none other.
The Twins can separate from their shared body using their special power: Blood Bond.
- While you’re controlling Charlotte, Victor surveys the Trial and triggers Killer Instinct to reveal the locations of nearby Survivors.
- While you’re controlling Victor, you can Pounce onto Survivors.
- Victor can be crushed by Survivors if his Pounce is unsuccessful!
- With Hoarder, you will be alerted to a Survivor’s presence whenever they interact with a chest or pick up an item within range of your location.
- When you damage a generator with Oppression other random generators are also damaged.
- Using Coup de Grace you gain a token whenever a generator is completed. Consume one Token to increase the distance of your next Lunge Attack.
Cunning, smart, and defiant Élodie Rakoto had been searching for her missing parents for 14 years; Élodie turned to the occult for answers.
- Appraisal lets you start the trial with three tokens. If a chest has already been opened, you can consume a token to search it and retrieve an item.
- While sprinting Deception allows you to pretend to enter a locker. You leave no scratch marks for the next 3 seconds.
- Using Power Struggle you can drop a pallet while wiggling in a Killer’s grasp, stunning them and freeing yourself.
This update brought a new game mechanic for Struggling while on a hook. Instead of having to rapidly tap buttons, Survivors in their second hook stage will now receive occasional skill checks.
This design is part of an ongoing effort to improve accessibility. Our goal with this change is to make struggling more accessible to players with physical limitations while keeping struggling as an interactive mechanic.
Keeping Mobile game balance up to date with the PC/Console game is a priority for us. In this update, a few characters received balancing improvements:
- Increased movement speed while throwing Blades
- Decreased recoil intensity while throwing Blades
- Increased Main Event movement speed
- Reworks of several Add-ons
- + more! (See patch notes below)
- Teleportation cooldown reduced.
- Teleportation velocity increased.
- Undetectable status effect after teleporting increased.
- Improvements on several Add-ons.
- Increased time to set Dream Snares.
- Reduced number of Dream Snares and Pallets.
- Reworks of several Add-ons.
- Reworks of several Add-ons.
Some Perks were also improved with balance in mind. Get the full details in this update’s patch notes here: patch notes
Now, when Survivors are not visible (when blocked by a wall, for example) their heartbeat will still appear on screen. We believe that players should receive crucial sound cues even when their character is out of view.
Here’s how this change will appear in-game:
Small changes such as this help tailor the game to the mobile platform; we’ll continue to implement these improvements with your feedback in mind!
Player Support Update
We have created a Player Support chat system to better serve our Mobile players. You can access the Support chat in-game (Navigate to Options menu – then click Help & Support to link to the chat site).
This chat platform is a great way for us to keep track of common issues reported and allow us to better investigate individual cases too.
You can also access the Support chat out of game, here: New link
Two citizens of the Fog came to us from the SAW movies: The Pig and Detective Tapp. This month, they’re getting a special spotlight.
Check out these cosmetics:
Dead by Daylight Mobile now has its own redeemable Promo Code system! Keep an eye on our socials, because we’ll be dropping some from time to time.
This month was packed with updates! Now, whip out that phone and give the changes a try. We can’t wait to see what you think.
-The Dead by Daylight Mobile Team