Hello People of the Fog,
A new version of Dead by Daylight Mobile is available for download on iOS and Android!
Here’s the latest:
- The Trickster and Yun-Jin Lee are now playable characters
- New customizations
- Balance Changes (find the patch notes here)
As of April 16th, we’ve officially logged a full year of Dead by Daylight Mobile in the books; we had a blast celebrating with you this past month, and your dedication and support through our first year has us pumped to kick off year two.
In case you missed our online birthday party on Twitch (watch the VOD here!), we dropped a pretty big announcement; we’ll be launching a major feature later this year called Custom Matches, with which comes the highly requested Kill Your Friends game mode, allowing players to take on the role of Killer in a custom game with a group of friends.
The show goes on with Dead by Daylight Mobile; the All-Kill chapter released today, introducing The Trickster and Yun-Jin Lee as playable characters.
Yun-Jin Lee is resilient and ambitious; born into a life of hardship, she found her way to the top of the cut-throat music industry. After witnessing her star talent’s gruesome massacre, she found herself lost within The Fog, swearing that she’d bring him down. A lifetime of hardship has taught her that life is unforgiving:
- Self-Preservation reduces scratch marks, grunts of pain, and bleeding for a short time whenever a nearby Survivor is hit.
- Smash Hit awards a short sprint after stunning the Killer with a pallet.
- When another Survivor is hooked, Fast Track gains tokens granting a progression bonus when performing a great skill check on a generator.
Thriving under the attention of others, energized by every eye that watched him and every time that spoke his name, Ji-Woon Hak has a flair for stardom, and a powerful darkness lurking off-stage. The Trickster’s legacy is a grim entanglement of art and violence; a true showman, his mastery of knives and aptitude with a bat make him a force to be reckoned with.
- With Showstopper, he can unleash a flurry of Blades, each connected blow filling up a laceration meter that slowly takes down his victim.
- Starstruck activates when carrying a Survivor, inflicting the Exposed status effect on Survivors within your radius.
- Hex: Crowd Control is standing, Survivors performing a rushed vault through a window will find it becomes blocked for a short time.
- Hooking a Survivor adds tokens to No Way Out, safeguarding both exit gate switches until the tokens expire.
With the addition of The Trickster, we’ve introduced special control considerations in order to make his Killer Power slick and deadly on Mobile. When using Showstopper, the camera can be used to adjust aim along the horizontal axis for more blade-slinging accuracy.
We want to be able to adjust Mobile to make the experience fun and intuitive. Please leave us your feedback about these new controls – we’ll continuously work to make the gameplay feel as smooth as possible.
Every couple updates we take the opportunity to bring over the gameplay and balance changes from the PC/Console game. While it’s not possible to merge changes as they happen, we try to bring them over as frequently as possible.
We have a big list of exciting changes this month; check out the highlights and then read all the details below.
- Clown Gameplay Update
- Wraith Gameplay Update
- Decisive Strike Perk Update
- Changes to assorted Perks and Status Effects
Find the details in our Patch Notes.
A couple of updates ago we took the Autohaven Wreckers realm out of rotation in order to undergo a major rework, While it’s looking great so far, the rework is still in progress and it will continue to be unavailable for the time being.
With the rework of Crotus Prenn Asylum now live on PC/Console, the time has come to start reworking this realm on Mobile as well, so it will also be temporarily unavailable.
Thank you for your patience with the upgrades to our maps; we can’t wait to show off the new and improved Autohaven Wreckers very soon, and Crotus Prenn Asylum in the near future!
We have several new customizations coming your way this update! The Yamaoka Curse collection is available starting today, featuring The Oni’s Cursed Fate, and The Spirit’s Awakened Origin outfits.
Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled throughout the month for more new customizations; we’ve got some highly requested releases coming your way soon!
The Dead by Daylight Mobile Team